Sunday, 10 June 2012

Wyn La Bouchardiere - Author

Toby - My muse in Dubai 
An author needs a platform said the marketing gurus. Get yourself a web site they nagged. I researched the idea - an expensive suggestion. Sign up on some social media sites they advised. Chances are that the network of people who know you might buy your book.  If not, they might spread the word. Perhaps a blog would do I said to myself.   I hummed and hawed and finally  succumbed to my muse - Toby the cat's advice.




I now have a face book page http://www.facebook.com/wynlabouchardiere and a blog.  After all, I need to market my book.  It is available for purchase online - at either of these sites:  www.dogearsetc.com. You can also flip for it at www.flipcart.com or beam for it at www.infibeam.com or visit India at www.indiaplaza.com for a copy . As for availability in bookstores, the publishers, www.cinnamonteal.in are working on it.

My author's name is no pseudonym. It is my maiden name.  A choice that raised some eyebrows as I am also known as Winifred Shetty. My stories and articles have been published in several Indian magazines since 1968 . Yes, a long way back. You guessed it, by now I must be a grandmother. I am,  but I am also a writer.Some of the old timers might remember me - anyone out there?  Regretfully, it was only of late I came to know all about copyrighting my works. Lessons learnt the hard way.

Whilst I am not a newbie writer, I am new at blogging.  So bear with me while I meander through the intricacies of blogging.    You might find many a gem of wisdom strewn among the words as when
I am not writing 

I am globetrotting
                                                                                

Or Gardening
Or Cooking 





Writing is hard work.  You need a break now and then. Climbing up the path to get published is an uphill task.  A word of advice to all aspiring authors - do check www.writersbeware.com. The site has   some handy tips.

Welcome to  contact me. My email - wynlabouchardiere@gmail.com

Until next time, see you on cyberspace. 

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations Aunty Wyn ! Way to Go !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wen? I am now at sea as to who calls me by this name. Too many nieces and nephews on board. Two clues on my mind. Wonder if they are right?

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting blog, Winnie - looking forward to reading your book!

    Take care,
    Eileen

    ReplyDelete